Gum diseases can cause a real problem. The incessant pain in your gum takes a toll on your health. You can’t chew, you can’t drink. It becomes an incredible issue to deal with. Moreover, letting the disease stay can be dangerous to your oral health, as it may lead to cancer. So the best thing that you can do is look for treatments that will cure your gum disease.
There are undoubtedly a variety of treatments for your gum problems. The treatment for your gum disease depends on the stage of the disease and what treatments you have undergone earlier, and how well you have responded to them. Moreover, your overall health also plays a factor in choosing the appropriate treatment. There are several non-surgical and surgical procedures that range from simple procedures to control the bacterial growth to invasive procedures that aims to restore the supportive tissues.
The Non-Surgical Gum Disease Treatment Procedures
There are mainly two kinds of non-surgical treatments to your gum disease. They are:
- Professional Dental Cleaning: This is a very basic procedure, where the Dentist will remove the plaque and tartar from above or below the gum line along all of your teeth. This can be done by a simple dental checkup. This will allow the dentist to look at the condition of your gums, and if your dentist feels like it, he/she will recommend a dental cleaning at least twice a year. This is, however, not an active treatment for gum disease; it is a worthy preventive measure, nonetheless.
- Scaling and Root Planing: this is a non-surgical procedure; however, it includes deep cleansing, done under local anaesthetic. The plaque and the tartar are scraped from the above and below the gum line. The rough spots on the tooth are also smoothed out. This is what scaling and planning are all about. Your dentist will suggest this if they feel that you have plaque or calculus under your gums which needs immediate removal.
The Surgical Gum Disease Treatment Procedures
Here are some of the most common surgical procedures to treat gum diseases:
- Flap or Pocket Reduction Surgery: In this procedure, your dentist will lift back your gums in order to remove the tartar. If your dentist feels like it, he/she will smoothen out irregular surfaces of damaged bones, so that in future, no disease-causing bacteria can hide in your gums.
- Bone Grafts: In this procedure, the destroyed bone is replaced by fragments of your own bone, or donated bone or even synthetic bone.
- Soft Tissue Grafts: This procedure aims to reinforce the Receded Gums with thin gums or fills.
- Guided Tissue Regeneration: This procedure stimulates bone and gum tissue growth in places where they have been destroyed.
- Bone Surgery: This procedure smoothes shallow craters in the bone
Why Choose Crystal Dental Care?
At Crystal Dental Care, new delhi the dentists are experienced in treating gum diseases and they will take care of you and provide you with the most advanced and costly treatment procedures at remarkably affordable prices.